One factor noticeable about aespa‘s Winter is how she always looks so fresh, even after an energetic performance. She doesn’t appear to sweat closely, which is handy for an idol like her since there’s much less threat of trying messy and sweaty or her make-up getting smeared after an intense efficiency.
Host Yang Se Hyung observed this about Winter when aespa made a visitor look on an episode of MBC’s The Manager. They had been proven filming their MV for his or her music “Girls.”
The shoot received aespa exhausted and sweaty. While Giselle, Karina, and Ning-Ning had been battling the warmth and sweating profusely, Winter nonetheless regarded contemporary, calmly cooling herself along with her fan. When requested about her lack of sweat, Winter defined that though she doesn’t sweat a lot, she does warmth up internally.
Yang Se Hyung: Wow, is it as a result of she’s “winter”?
Karina: Winter doesn’t sweat.
Winter: Yeah, no. I don’t actually sweat.
Hong Hyun Hee: I wager it’s as a result of her pores and skin is poreless. Sweat can’t get out!
Staff: People assume it’s actually cool the way you don’t sweat in any respect.
Winter: Oh, me? Haha. But I do warmth up internally.
Netizens puzzled if Winter could be coping with a well being challenge. Some shared related experiences of not sweating a lot, whereas some tried to rationalize why she wasn’t sweating.
- “That’s not good for you, though… I hope she’s staying healthy.”
- “My friend also never, ever sweats. But she also gets hospitalized every other day for IV shots.”
- “I used to be like that, too. But ever since I started working out, my body figured out how to sweat it.”
- “I believe that her body is not getting rid of the heat. It accumulates all too well. It’s not that good for her health.”
- “I wish I had no sweat. But I hope Winter stays healthy.”
Others had been involved sufficient to want Winter to be wholesome.
- “I used to be like that, too. And I was sick ALL THE TIME. Since then, I’ve gained some weight, changed my diet, etc. Now, I do sweat. I’m much healthier, too. I get how easy it is to be dry always, but I hope it’s nothing bad for Winter’s health.”
- “I was also like this until college. My workout coach would be so amused. But I was told to try sweating it out in saunas and whatnot. Now, I do sweat from my face and my neck. The rest of my body remains dry, though.”
- “WINTER, STAY HEALTHY, PLEASE T_T”
- “My friend is also like that. But she says her body heats up so much it sometimes scares her. She doesn’t like being unable to sweat.”
On a medical standpoint, sweat glands producing little or no sweat is named anhidrosis (AN-hih-DROH-sis), a situation that may be congenital or impacts nerves or pores and skin. It can have an effect on the entire physique or solely a portion of it. Anhidrosis is accompanied by different signs corresponding to dizziness, feeling weak, flushing, and being delicate to raised temperatures.
However, in response to specialists at Everyday Health, how a lot an individual sweats depends upon loads of elements, from temperature and humidity to health stage or drugs being taken, to the genes one is born with, and different causes. A dermatologist from Columbia University Medical Center NY goes into extra element.
Some individuals don’t sweat so much, whereas some individuals do. Different individuals have totally different numbers of sweat glands and totally different genetic make-up.
— Dr. Lindsay Bordone
Bottomline, so long as sweat (or lack thereof) doesn’t intervene with every day actions, together with train or, in Winter’s case, rigorous choreography, it’s doubtless not a medical concern.
Watch the complete clip beneath.