Microsoft Edge Insiders can download and test the latest feature update for the browser in the Dev Channel. Version 119.0.2109 brings many fixes and some new features, such as the ability to install Wallet as an advanced web app, the ability to sleep separate tabs, and a move to a recently discovered and somewhat controversial feature responsible for taking a screenshot of any website you visit.
What’s new in Microsoft Edge 119.0.2109 Dev?
- Added support for installing a wallet as a Progress Web App (PWA).
- Added a generic sidebar icon to the toolbar in case Bing Chat is disabled.
- Enable ‘Sleep option from tab’, even when auto-sleep tabs are disabled.
- Enabled close the side pane if the user navigates the same tab or open any other URL if the side pane is already open.
- Added a switch to enable or disable capturing screenshots to history.
- Fixed browser crash when pressing back button in split screen.
- Fixed a browser crash when using Find on Page and then clicking the search box in the sidebar.
- Fixed a crash with microphone permissions in the Skype chat panel when activated from the hub icon.
- Android: Fixed crash related to Bing SDK
- Fixed browser crash on NTP page when clicking address bar.
- Mac: Fixed a crash when the developer tool window went full screen.
- iOS: Fixed shopping crash
- High contrast text colors are improved for several settings.
- Fixed launch source time format function.
- Fixed web dialog position calculation for vertical split mode
- Fixed toggle button showing the same color for on and off states in the GMC (Global Media Controls) dialog.
- Android: Fixed a bug that caused the separator line to disappear in the address bar.
- Fixed a bug when clicking on a tab suggestion for an opened tab
You can download Microsoft Edge Dev from the official website. The browser supports Windows 11, 10, macOS, Linux and Android. The release of version 119 on the stable channel is scheduled for the week of November 9, 2023.
Report a problem with the article