CCP Games is going to try again to launch a successful first-person shooter based on, and linked to, its old space-based MMO. EVE Online. Today, during the developer’s EVE Fest fan event, the The company was exposed EVE VanguardAn FPS “module” for the main MMO game.
The FPS add-on is developed by CCP’s London studio, using Unreal Engine 5. Here’s some more information about the game:
- One Team, One Game, One Community: EVE Vanguard has been connected to EVE Online from day one and built in close collaboration with the EVE community, where player voices matter.
- Your next shot will topple empires: You have the power to influence New Eden with evolving interoperability between EVE Online and EVE Vanguard.
- Evolve and power up: Advance your suit and gear to become stronger and synergize with teammates to overcome new challenges.
- Intense Action: Experience indoor FPS action with boots-on-the-ground gameplay in solo or squad play with up to 3 teammates.
- Fight for survival: watch your back. The connection between vanguards is fragile. Today’s friend can be tomorrow’s rival.
- A New Gateway Into New Eden: Human-scale confrontation across the planets of New Eden, each with its own risks and distinct aesthetics.
- As Above, So Below: Experience the high degree of player customization, continuous progression and social interaction from a game set in the EVE universe.
No release date for yet vanguard. CCP Games previously created the PS3 exclusive EVE Online– based shooter Dust 514But after launching in 2013, it closed just three years later.
EVE Online You’ll also get a new expansion, Havoc, on November 14th, with new ships, updates to in-game projects, and much more. The CCP says:
Bring chaos to the forefront with the upcoming Havoc expansion, as you align with the pirate factions of the Angel or the Guristas to aid the mysterious undead in spreading corruption throughout the Empire’s warzones from the newly discovered Zarzakh system!
CCP Games also announced a new mobile strategy game held at EVE Online world. it’s called EVE Galaxy Conquest, and is a free strategy title for a 4X based game. Here is what the CCP says about this game:
In EVE Galaxy Conquest, players must work as a team to battle opponents for interstellar supremacy, leading vast armadas representing one of four mighty empires from EVE Online: Caldari State, Gallente Federation, Amarr Empire, or Minmatar Republic. With strategic 4X gameplay, players command EVE’s iconic ships and characters as they explore space, exploit resources, expand territories, and eliminate their enemies.
Some international markets will get the chance to test the game on iOS and Android in a soft launch before the end of 2023. A full worldwide launch is slated for sometime in 2025.