The next Windows 11 feature update, informally called Moment 4, will be available to the general public in the stable channel on September 26, 2023. However, you can install it now if waiting isn’t an option. This guide will show you how to install the Windows 11 Moment 4 update now and after the release on September 26, 2023.
For those unfamiliar with Windows 11’s confusing feature updates, here’s how Microsoft apparently plans to roll out the Moment 4 update:
- September 23: The update is available for Windows Insiders in the build preview channel. This is the final testing phase before the public release to non-Insiders.
- September 26: release to the public. Windows 11 Moment 4 is available as an optional C update in the stable channel. To install the update, customers must go to Windows Update and turn on the “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” option.
- October 10: Windows 11 Moment 4 arrives as part of the October 2023 Patch Tuesday. The update is mandatory for all Windows 11 users with unchanged Windows Update settings. Installing Windows 11 Moment 4 does not require any action – Windows 11 will automatically install it in the background.
How to install Windows 11 Moment 4 Update?
option 1: before September 26
- to press Win+I to open the Settings app and press Windows Update > Windows Insider Program.
- knock Begin.
- knock account connection and select your Microsoft account or sign in with one if you’re using a local profile.
- choose Release preview Next step and click continue.
- Confirm your decision by clicking continue In step 3.
- Restart the computer.
- Open the Settings app, click windows updateand pressure Check for updates.
- Wait for your system to download and install Windows 11 Moment 4.
It is important: Although Windows updates in the release preview channel rarely differ from what Microsoft later sends to the general public, you should be aware of the potential risks of encountering bugs when enrolling your device in the Windows Insider program. For most users, waiting a few days is a better option.
Option 2: Between September 26 and October 10
- Open the Settings app using any preferred method.
- Switch on Get the latest updates as they become available option.
- knock Check for updates. Windows 11 will prompt you to download available optional updates.
- to press Download and install, then sit back and wait. You can continue to use your computer while Windows downloads and installs the Moment 4 update. Note, however, that it will ask you to restart your computer to complete the process.
Option 3: after October 10
- Launch the Settings app and go to windows update.
- knock Check for updates and wait
Option 4: Later
Microsoft will also update Windows 11 images available for download from the official website and through the media creation tool, allowing users to clean install Windows 11 Moment 4. The exact date is currently unknown.
Where is Windows 11 version 23H2?
Windows 11 Moment 4 is an update for Windows 11 version 22H2. Microsoft said it will release version 23H2 as a separate update in the last quarter of 2023. However, most of the features we mentioned in our Windows 11 23H2 review will arrive in the Moment 4 update.