January 1, 2023 8:16 AM EST
Sometimes, sending emails too quickly without complete information or proper attachments can have unintended consequences. However, if this was done by mistake, you can try and correct this mistake by editing the old email and adding all the missing information. Microsoft Outlook supports this feature through the Resend or Retrieve option. It also has the option to delay the delivery of emails.
Change a message in the Outlook 365 app after it’s sent
Before you try to recall and edit a message in Outlook, remember that both you and the recipient must have Microsoft Outlook email addresses. Second, the email can only be retrieved if it has not yet been read or opened by the recipient. Also, the method only works on a Windows computer.
- To edit or replace a message previously sent through Outlook, go to Sent Items folder and double-click the message to open it. Then, go to file menu, located in the upper left corner of movie menu.
- Click the dropdown button next to it Send again or I’ll get back tile. This option allows you to retrieve a message from recipients to change or edit it and then resend it.
- Between the two options shown, choose Remember this message option.
- A Remember this message A pop-up window should appear on your computer screen. Check out the Delete unread copies and replace with a new message option. Press on Okay Button, at the end.
- This will open the sent message so you can edit and resend it. As shown in the image above in my previous message an important attachment was missing. So I used the undo option to edit it and add the attachment.
- When finished, click to send button to send the email.
So, the next time you make a mistake or send an email with incomplete information, don’t waste time coming up with a creative excuse but use the recall option to edit it and make it error-free, before it is read by the recipient.
Report a problem with the article