Arrow Video is giving the bad stuff to the first Tremors sequel with a 4K UHD-only release.
In sequel to the classic Kevin Bacon creature feature, Fred Ward and Michael Gross return as a rich and unrivaled Earl Bassett and Burt Gummer from the first film as they battle a new kind of Graboid infestation.
Details for the 2 quadruples in the UHD edition.
The official description for the Arrow release is below. It contains details on what’s included.
In recognition of the success of the Graboid attack in perfection, the company’s workers found a place more expensive than what they bargained for in the middle ground. With the help of the scientist and a new sidekick (Christopher Gartin), to learn more about the haze-loss story of a great survivalist pal, Burt Gummer (Michael Gross), Earl will quickly learn that the Graboids are actually deadlier than ever!
Credit: The Arrow Video.
- New 4K restoration of the original negative, approved by the film’s director S.S. Wilson, restores 4K, later approved by Arrow Films.
- 4K (2160p) UHD-Bli-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (compliant with HDR 10).
- Original lossless 2.0 and 4.0 surround audio.
- English subtitles for deaf and hard-to-hearing, with optional subtitles.
- Graboid Go Boom, a new interview with Peter Chesney’s special effects creator.
- Introducing Critical Need-to-Knowing Knowledge, a newly filmed interview with CGPR Phil Tippett.
- The Making of Tremors 2, an on-set feature that’ll feature the cast and crew in an on-set production.
- Trailers for the 2nd and 3rd of a series: Aftershocks.
- Image gallery
- This illustrated booklet reveals new writings of Jonathan Melville on the Tremors 2 scripts that never got made, and Dave Wain & Matty Budrewicz on the Universals DTVsequel division, which has just become a reality.
- An original, and newly commissioned masterpiece with double-sided flap-out poster, Matt Frank wrote in his new book.
- This small artwork for the Shrieker X-Ray by Matt Frank looks just like a fold-out poster.
- Limited edition packaging with original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank.
The 3K UHD limit-length release date is for the 27th of November 2023. Take it pre-order or buy the Blu-Ray version on Arrow.