Microsoft has released preview version 0.5 of its Dev Home app that first launched in May as part of Build 2023. As you can recall, the app gives developers access to several features, including the recently launched Dev Drive, WinGet configuration, and GitHub codespaces all in one place.
The new version that is Available for download in the Microsoft Store Includes a new extensions page, along with a number of changes and bug fixes, including many that fixed a number of app accessibility issues.
God Dev Home GitHub There is the information about the version 0.5 update:
- An Extensions page is now available on Dev Home and lists Dev Home extensions that are installed and available from the Microsoft Store.
- Keyboard navigation should now work correctly on the machine configuration page.
- Keyboard navigation now works on the app install page of the machine configuration.
- The app install experience should now have the correct colors in high contrast mode.
- The announcer should have better messages when using the dashboard.
- Narrator should now have better messages when using the setup flow in machine configuration.
- The Dev Drive checkbox in the Add Repo step of the machine configuration is now automatically checked.
- The page titles now take up less space on the page.
- End task buttons have been removed from the processor widget due to its update frequency.
- The GitHub plugin is no longer automatically installed.
- Installation notes are now displayed on the summary page after configuring the device.
- The Dev Drive UI should now appear in the Beta and Canary Windows Insider channels.
- UAC prompts should now work correctly in the machine configuration tool.
- The account provider is no longer displayed after logging out (thanks @PankajBhojwani!).
- Relative paths with spaces should no longer crash Dev Home.
Report a problem with the article