Microsofts next Windows 11 feature update won’t roll out overnight. In fact, several pieces will take some time to deliver, including the launch of the highly anticipated Windows Copilot feature.
This morning you can begin downloading some of the future versions of Windows 11 in part of a new update. But there’s another unexpected twist: the new Windows 11 features that we thought were scheduled for Windows 11 23H2 are part of a new update. There is actually a separate Windows 11 23H2 update due sometime in the fourth quarter, which will be known as the Windows 11 2023 update.
One hundred of them, including Copilot in Windows and more, will be coming off on Sept. 26 as part of our latest update to Windows 11, version 22H2–14 – and 1,708, a company that described the new features, and a few that a Microsoft manager said was able to put up the site for others, on Sept. 26th.
Is it just semantics? I think it’s pretty good to say that most probably, the renaming of Windows Copilot is simply a Copilot. The Windows 11 2023 Update is described as a cumulative update, with all the features being added to the Windows 11 22H2. This code base and branch will run as Windows 11, version 22H2. If you can make it more interesting, these new Windows 11 features will come out in the coming months. Windows 11 23H2 is the backup safety net that collects everything and can add a few more bits.
Copilot is the latest feature of Windows 11 22H2 and Windows 11 23H2 or Windows 11 2023.
Mark Hachman, IDG.
This is, however, a bit strange in Redmond. The passionate CEO of Microsoft, Panos Panay, departed on the eve of Microsoft’s event, where the company showed off the Surface Laptop Studio 2 and the Surface Laptop Go 3 as well as the Surface Business and the Surface Hub 3, which it announced also. Add to that the uncertainty surrounding the timetable drew the show, and it was, well, just a little late for the tour.
Microsoft released the new information in a blog post by John Cable, vice president of Windows Service and Delivery, and finally try to understand what it means.
When will the latest update on Windows 11 be announced?
Your forgiven, if you thought that Microsoft would dispense a version of the new 3C2 version of Windows, supprime Xavier on Sept. 26 as the sex of Microsoft, that he was speaking about the success of Microsoft’s fall release last week. Get the latest update and you’ll be able to learn what the features of Windows 11 are all about.
That’s certain to the point. The Windows 11 22H2 update will be released within a moment, a maintenance release that will be pushed on your PC – as is the regulated feature rollout from Microsoft. To make sure you’re first in line, you can go to the Settings menu and then turn off the switch, “The updated updates”, and then leave the update for the latest updates.
That’s the easy way. Otherwise, Microsoft will push the new standards and features of what will be Windows 11 23H2 in the next few weeks, and now thats where it gets confusing. Windows 11 devices will be able to make different changes at different times. As a result, we will gradually roll out some new features within the coming weeks, initially via controlled feature rollout (CFR) to consumers.
Microsoft is only saying that Windows 11 2023 update will be released in the fourth quarter of 2023. We expect to provide some new features by the November 2023 security update, provided that all devices are covered in, explains Cable.
What new features will arrive in the Windows 11 2023 Update?
Something that people don’t realize is that the new Windows 11 updates provide users with new features of the core operating system plus a separate suite of new and/or updated Windows apps. We were trying to look at both of our newest Windows 11 and 2023 versions and the newest versions of the update (23H2) feature, but the process was different. If you want to try Windows 11 23H2, you should download the update and take advantage of the Microsoft Store app to find new apps on your PC.
Microsoft aims to make it easy with the now rolling out update:
- Windows, no longer a company. Microsofts AI-powered mix of Bing and Cortana, and its integrated versions from Edge.
- Passkeys: Are you worried about passwords? Microsoft wants to replace actual passwords with biometric identification via passkeys in Windows Hello, and passkeys are the way of managing these sites.
- New Narrator voices are Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean and English (UK, India).
- Sensing systorique. If your gaze fades, your webcam (provided you support it) may dim your screen to save power. If you walk away, that’ll let you lock your computer.
- Windows 365 Boot: This enterprise feature lets companies log onto cloud computing devices, rather than localized ones, and switch between them.
- Affinity-powered File Explorer: A business feature for those with SharePoint accounts. If you meet the requirements, Windows can now take a carousel view of recommended files.
- Instant Games: With the same means some Android apps can instantly launch if they’re not installed, Microsoft is also trying this out for casual games.
- A mixer with an improved volume effect.
Windows Paint Cocreator uses AI art to paint.
The new or updated apps that will be associated with the Windows 11 2023 update include:
- Microsoft Paint: With the ability to perform AI-powered background removal, Photoshop-like layers, and a new feature: Paint Cocreator. The latter will let Paint, like the Bing Image Creator, add generative AI skills. (Bing image creator now uses an advanced DALL-E 3 algorithm.
- Dynamic Lighting: Want to control RGB? Dynamic Lighting solves the problem.
- For example, Microsoft video editor is capable of creating a story and promoting your own personal experiences.
- Microsoft’s snipping tool began as a sophisticated screenshot tool. Microsoft, which began in December 2022, added the ability to record video in a DVD player. Now, Snipping Tool can listen to audio as well. Besides, it can now extract any photo and redact whatever you don’t want you to have, like personal information.
- The picture is taken from the photograph: Microsoft is adding more background blurring and higher search, such as by pictures of a beach or a snowfall.
- If you add a new PC or you install this program, you can get any files, apps, settings and credentials back in the Windows cloud and restore them.
- This app lets you decide where you want to install games, and gives you a new store page.
- Outlook for Windows: The new look for Outlook is now available for free.
Are all the new Windows 11 2023 Update bringing home?
Nope. And that’s why I was here.
On example, Copilot won’t be able to work right away. A pilot of Windows will begin to appear in preview to a select set of global markets. We want to expand availability by the next time.
Copilot doesn’t appear to be arriving first for commercial customers, and then consumers. On September 26th, the new driver of the project will start to roll out in a non-secure update for Windows 11, version 22H2 version and will be available behind the commercial control. This update will be included in Windows 11, version 23H2, the annual feature update for Windows 11, which will be released on Quatrio in this calendar year. A new feature will start working for Copilot. It will be on automatically, but under your control, with Microsoft Intune or Group policy.
It’s the most disappointing omission, since AI and Copilot are Windows 11 2023 Updates selling point. Microsoft isn’t saying that if Copilot is more broadly available, it’ll reduce its impact.
I’ll admit. Paint Cocreator is being released, but only in preview from Windows Insiders and via a waitlist. Instant Games is in a preview. Microsofts software upgrades to games, including the Microsoft Store changes and the choice to place their application, are coming out later this month. Windows Backup and Restore are already available at the launch, but not in China.
What does this mean for you?
The world of people who love Windows 11 are happier to get their experience from this rollout than it was today. Microsofts introduces an extra update, but it isn’t really. Copilot might be unavailable easily. Some of the new features that accompany the new apps won’t be ready just yet.
To that surprise, Copilot hasn’t been a great model. Passkeys sound great, but certainly haven’t made an impact. Some of these new apps are connected with other Microsoft apps and services.
If you’re a casual Windows user, it’ll eventually get over your computer. If the menu isn’t major or the taskbar is broken, then a single added addition will be Copilot, whenever it arrives. You could ignore the drama at least now.