NVIDIA has begun rolling out a new WHQL graphics driver, with version number 537.42, for its GeForce GPU-based video cards. This includes new support and optimizations for several games, especially the newer ones Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Update and release next week of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty.
You can learn a lot more about the new graphics features the game supports with the new driver, including the first use of DLSS 3.5, in this article.
Here is the changelog:
What’s new in NVIDIA 537.42 WHQL
The game is ready for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
The new game-ready driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games that support DLSS 3.5 and DLSS Ray Reconstruction technology including Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Additional support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Warhaven and Witchfire supporting DLSS 3, as well as the arrival of Party Animals which supports DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex technology.
Fixed general bugs
- [Octane Render]: Node shaders slow down performance 
- [Octane Render]: Inconsistent behavior and broken movement keys using TLAS with numKeys=2 
- [Halo Infinite] A significant performance drop was observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. 
- [DaVinci Resolve] This driver implements a fix for creative application stability issues seen during high memory usage. We have seen a few situations where this fix resulted in decreased performance when running DaVinci Resolve. This will be addressed in an upcoming driver release. 
Operating system problems:
- [Windows 10 Fall Creators Update][HDTV]: 12 bpc is also automatically applied to
- HDTVs only support 8 bpc, resulting in a jagged display.  To work around, open the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change Resolution page, select “Use NVIDIA color settings”, then set the output color depth to 8 bpc.
- Some games and applications are designed to run at a fixed frame rate, and as a result do not take advantage of NVIDIA G-Sync. To avoid problems, G-Sync may be disabled for these applications.
You can check out the full release notes For the new drivers here (in PDF format).
You can download the NVIDIA 537.42 WHQL Driver from the official website or using the GeForce Experience app. Note that it is only available for 64-bit Windows 10 and 11. Windows 10 and Windows 8.1/8/7 32-bit are no longer supported.