Microsoft has released a new Skype Preview update for testing in the Skype Insiders program. Version 8.105 reworks the chat management in Messenger, improves conversation snapping, adds a new favorite icon and fixes various bugs.
What’s new in Skype Insider 220.127.116.11?
post The official Microsoft Community forum contains the following:
Skype’s chat organization is getting a facelift!
Ready to navigate your chats with flair and precision? We say goodbye to the old titles and present a more elegant and intuitive layout. Here’s what’s fresh:
- Perfect Pinning: Discover the pin icon for your favorite Bing chatbot. Accessing Bing has never been easier!
- Favorites at a glance: Your favorite chats now boast a Favorite icon, making them instantly recognizable at the top of your chat list.
- Hide and search with favorites: Choose to hide favorites? The Favorite icon also disappears when you tap Hide Favorites in the chat filter, for a clutter-free view.
Exit with the headings “Your AI Copilot”, “Favorites” and “Chats”, and enter with an organized and efficient chat experience. Navigate the nuances and let the conversations flow!
Stability improvements and bug fixes:
- App crashes when dragging one user to another chat to create a new group chat and then removing a user, on desktop and web.
- Call recording banner disappears when changing orientation on Android.
- The conversation title is truncated when it is too long in landscape mode on iOS.
Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, here in the community or through the Skype app. You can always go to Skype user Feedback channel Submit and vote for new features and ideas.
If you use Skype and don’t mind trying early updates before the public launch, Go to the official Skype Insider website Register for the program. Skype previews are available on Windows 10 and 11, macOS, Linux, and Android.