Less than two weeks after Intel released the latest set of WHQL drivers, the company is back with new drivers. However, Arc A770 users will be disappointed, as this driver only confirms a number of issues with StarfieldNo fixes at all that will come to the game.
You may remember Bethesda stating that the Arc A770 is not compatible Starfield, although the GPU outperforms the RTX 3060 Ti and RX 6700 XT. Some gamers felt that Bethesda was unwilling to solve problems specific to Intel’s hardware, since the A770 is the company’s current highest-end Arc GPU.
Anyway, to the release notes for this driver:
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:
- The Crew Motorfest*
- Mortal Kombat 1*
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
- Fortnite* (DX12) may exhibit flickering glitches during gameplay.
- The device fan may overclock frequently on some Intel® Arc™ Graphics products.
Intel® Core™ processor products:
- Tactics Ogre Reborn* (DX11) may exhibit flashing corruption during dialogue sequences
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
- Starfield* (DX12) may experience sporadic instability in certain areas of the game.
- Starfield* (DX12) may exhibit corruption when using dynamic resolution scaling. A workaround is to change the value of the rendering resolution scale slider.
- Starfield* (DX12) may display low texture details on some in-game objects.
- Starfield* (DX12) may exhibit a flickering texture on light sources during gameplay.
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection* (DX12) may exhibit texture defects on characters.
- The Halo Infinite* campaign (DX12) may experience an application crash on certain system configurations.
- Dead by Daylight* (DX11) may experience an app crash during gameplay.
- Topaz Video AI* may encounter errors when using certain video enhancement models.
- Adobe After Effects* may experience an application crash during rendering operations.
- Some Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics notebooks may incorrectly report a higher than expected value for the default clock frequency value.
Intel® Iris™ Xe MAX graphics products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on some laptop systems with two Intel® Iris™ Xe + Iris™ Xe MAX devices. System reboot and graphics driver reinstallation may be required for successful installation.
INTEL® ARC™ CONTROL FIXED ISSUES:
- Intel® Arc™ Control may fail to launch an application in certain multi-GPU system configurations.
- Intel® Arc™ performance tuning settings may not be preserved after a graphics driver update.
- Arc Control Studio Capture may fail to capture when multiple monitors are connected in clone mode.
INTEL® ARC™ Control Known Issues:
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with some games may incorrectly create multiple video files.
- The “connector” type on the display page may display DP* incorrectly when using an HDMI* display connection.
- May see the “stream already finished” popup after the force events with capture/brighten/broadcast mode.
- Performance graphs may scale incorrectly after waking from sleep.
To download the new Arc 184.108.40.20624 beta driver, go to this page On Intel’s official website.