Like other Killers in Dead by Daylight, Behavior Interactive has given The Knight his own unique power called the Guardia Compagnia. This allows you to summon one of three different Guards in a fixed order to help out during the match. But even with his special ability, The Knight still needs to make use of a set of advantages to win the match and appease The Entity. These are some of our suggestions.
Related: How The Knight’s Guardia Compagnia ability works in Dead by Daylight
The best build for The Knight in Dead by Daylight
Since The Knight’s power allows you to summon a guard to patrol a specific area as you roam the map, you’ll want to use perks that can slow down generator progression significantly or end chases quickly. One of its newer perks, called Hubris, can be especially useful on a build that focuses on the former, which is exactly why this ability is the one we’ll be building on.
Related: All the advantages of Vittorio Toscano in Dead by Daylight
Here are the perks we recommend using with The Knight:
- Hubris (The Knight) – Every time a Survivor Stuns you, that Survivor suffers the Exposed status effect for 10/15/20 seconds.
- Enduring (The Hillbilly) – Reduces the duration of Pallet Stun by 40/45/50%.
- Spirit Fury (The Spirit) – After breaking 4/3/2 Pallets, Spirit Fury activates. The next time you are stunned by a Pallet, The Entity will instantly break it.
- Brutal Force (The Trapper) – Increases the action speed of breaking pallets and breakable walls, and damaging generators by 10/15/20%.
If you want to mix in a perk that slows down generator progression, you can swap Spirit Fury or Brutal Strength with the following:
- Eruption (The Nemesis) – Performing the Damage Generator Action on a Generator applies Eruption. This highlights all affected generators in yellow. Additionally, the next time a Survivor enters a death state by any means, all affected Generators will explode and start recoiling, removing the highlighted aura. Eruption also applies an immediate -10% progression penalty.
- Corrupt Intervention (The Plague) – At the beginning of the Trial, the 3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for 80/100/120 seconds.
- Pickle Call (The Onryo) – After damaging a generator, Call of Brine activates for 60 seconds. The Generator then recoils at 150/175/200% normal recoil speed and its Aura is revealed to you. Every time a Survivor completes a good skill check on a Call of Brine-affected generator, you get a loud noise notification.