HomeGame GuidesTwitter users want CEO Elon Musk to step down

Twitter users want CEO Elon Musk to step down

Published on



Twitter is sad

Twitter CEO Elon Musk conducted a poll on Sunday night asking the public if he should step down as head of Twitter. After many hours, the results are finally in: users want him to step down.

The poll, which ended Monday at 6 p.m., recorded over 17 million votes. Of those, nearly 58% said “yes” to leaving Elon as head of Twitter, while roughly 42% wanted Musk to stay.

Musk has not yet confirmed the results of the survey. However, Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom wants the survey renewedas there are allegedly “100 thousand ‘analysts’ with 30-40 accounts” all voting against the CEO. He also said that He hopes Musk did the survey as a honeypot to “catch all the deep state bots,” To which Chief Twit replied, “Interesting.” Moreover, in a tweet suggesting that only blue subscribers should be the only ones able to vote in policy-related polls, Musk responded with “Good point. Twitter will make this change.”

It is still unknown at this point if he will abide by the results of the original poll or redo it with only blue subscribers voting. But even if Musk does give up his post, he will continue to own the microblogging platform. He will still be able to choose who succeeds him and what decisions the company will make in the future.

Since taking over the microblogging platform in late October 2022, Musk has been embroiled in various controversies. First, he fired several senior executives and laid off half of Twitter’s workforce. He then asked the remaining staff to commit to Twitter “extremely hardcore” or face severance, which resulted in many more employees leaving the company. Musk too Restored former US President Donald Trump’s account After he was previously suspended due to “the risk of further incitement to violence”.

Moreover, Musk revamped Twitter’s blue service to give regular users the ability to get a blue check mark. However, it was delayed several times as some users took advantage of their reviews to impersonate companies and public figures. Recently, Twitter suspended the accounts of several journalists for allegedly sharing private information related to Musk’s whereabouts.

Finally, Twitter banned linking to its competing social media sites like Facebook, Truth Social and Mastodon. After much criticism from users, Musk relented and said that only accounts whose main purpose is to promote their competitors will be suspended.

source: Elon Musk (Twitter)


Latest articles

More like this