The Strategy role-playing game We’re The Caretakers will leave Early Access and start on the Xbox Series and PC by Steam on January 6th 2023, announced Heart Shaped Games.
As for the Xbox One version, Heart Shaped Games told Gematsu, the Xbox One version will probably not be available at launch. We want to ensure it’s optimized before it releases. We focus the first two games in the short term.
We’re The Caretakers was introduced on April 22, 2021 in Early Access for PC.
This is a view of the game, via its Steam page:
We’re the Caretakers is a highly dynamic squad management programme. Build squad-building systems based on Ogre, Darkest Dungeon, Black Panther and XCOM, and semble a secret unified faction of protectors. Build strategic support for the endangered animals a world on. Define your approach to global resistance by balancing reputation, funds, research, animals and alliances.
We Are the Caretakers is a new and exciting strategy game, blending squad-building, RTS-with-pause, narrative-based JRPG into a fun and thrilling campaign. The game is a set of interactive games that tell players everything that is not easy or just inhumane. This is designed by a critically-acclaimed and diverse team, including IGF nominees, ex-Microsoft and ex-Blizzard developers.
- Afrofuturist Universe Former Blizzard artist Anthony Jones stunningly afrofuturist style and signature characters designs bring together a new sci-fi world.
- Reputation system Every action committed in the world affects the caretakers’ attitudes. Do they fear you? Or would they support your quest to protect the endangered Raun and decide the fate of the world?
- The transform-based combat system combines the force with diplomacy. Live with the consequences of the messy experience of animal conservation.
- Squad Building assemble up to nine squads from 100 characters with various personalities, strengths, abilities and personalities. Train and enhance your Caretakers across 30 different unique jobs.
- Build Your headquarters Meet leaders, research technologies and recruit allies in your sci-fi. Take their contradictory demands, to save our planet.
- Dark Narrative The individuals that are not your squad matter as much as their rangers you deploy on each map. We’ll see from the devastating losses, on the hope of an improved future.
- Technology Tree From field-level technology upgrades to big-scale speculative research and development, your technology decisions have an impact on the global environment.
- It would look like you’d have a baby run If you’d rather crow under your bed it would fall off your bed long after it gets too big. This is adorable.
Watch the video below.
Trailer with the release date.